It should come as no surprise that a hailstorm is bad news for your property. In fact, hail causes over $1 billion in property damage each year! Roofs often take the brunt of this damage, which leads to leaks and a variety of other headaches that you don’t want to deal with as a homeowner.
Before you address any of the issues caused by the hail, you’ll need to call for a roof inspection in Fresno, CA. The good news is that you don’t always have to get up onto your roof to know that it’s been damaged by hail. Continue reading to learn a few of the best practices for identifying compromised roofs that need to be fixed:
- Dented gutters: Gutters can be made from a variety of different materials. The most popular by far, however, is metal. These metal gutters have a variety of benefits, but one major flaw: they can be dented very easily by hail. Look up at your roof after a hailstorm. If you can see any dents at all, your roof most likely has some hail damage and could need repair.
- Broken windows: Like rain, hail doesn’t always fall straight down from the sky. Heavy winds can blow it sideways, which means your roof won’t be the only part of your home affected by the hail. If you’re unlucky enough, your windows could break during the storm. We recommend hiring someone to come take a look at your roof if any of your windows break during a hailstorm.
- Damaged siding: If your windows break, there’s a good chance that your vinyl siding won’t be in very good condition, either. Take a few minutes to walk around your home to see if you notice any dents or cracks. If so, you’ll want to first have those damaged slats replaced and then call a roof inspection and repair service!
- Shredded plants or flowers: How are the flowers and shrubs outside of your home looking after the storm? Did the hail rip the petals and leaves to shreds? If so, you could have some damage up on top of your roof. Obviously, shrubs and flowers are much less durable than your roof, but shredded plants still indicate that a damaging hailstorm rolled through your area.
- Call a professional: The best way to know for sure whether or not your roof has suffered hail damage is to get in contact with a pro. A professional roof inspection in Fresno, CA will identify exactly where the damage is located and how severe it is. The sooner you set up a professional inspection, the sooner you can have your roof repaired.
From roofs to pools, we can inspect it all at WIN Home Inspection Fig Garden. Our professional inspectors are able to offer the highest-quality service for some of the most competitive rates you’ll find in the area. Give us a call today to set up an appointment or learn more about our services. We look forward to assisting you soon!
Categorised in: Uncategorized