Renovating your kitchen is one of the best ways to boost the value of your home. If performed correctly, a kitchen renovation can add up to $21,000 to your home’s value. However, those upgrades can cost tens of thousands of dollars. That’s why we’re here to help—by following some of the tips below, we’re sure you can save big when it comes time to remodel your kitchen:
- Start with an inspection: Before you start ripping out your cabinets and tearing up your plumbing, you should have your home inspected by a professional. A house inspection in Fresno, CA will tell you if there are any underlying problems with your home that’ll need to be addressed or fixed before the renovation can proceed. Skipping the inspection could mean that you run into unforeseen and expensive issues while you’re remodeling.
- Have a plan: We know that you’ll be eager to get to work remodeling your kitchen. However, it’s crucial that you come up with a concrete renovation plan before you break out the demo equipment. Knowing exactly what aspects of your kitchen you want to upgrade will help you save money during the renovation, since folks often make expensive last-minute decisions during the process.
- Consider your ROI: A kitchen can drastically increase your home’s resale value, but some extensive renovations can cost big bucks that you might not recoup when you sell. Do some research to determine which aspects of kitchen renovation provide the best return on investment, and stick to those. For example, experts note that simply repainting your cabinetry can add value and drastically switch up your kitchen’s appearance without breaking the bank. In fact, that’s a DIY project that you can finish in a day or two!
- Retain the same layout: Rearranging the appliances and plumbing in your kitchen might sound like an excellent way to switch things up and increase the value of your home, but beware: you’re going to have to pay an arm and a leg any time you mess with gas lines, plumbing or electrical work. Keep all of your appliances and plumbing fixtures where they are, and you’ll save yourself a lot of time and money.
- Keep it simple: Going along with the two points above, don’t overdo it. Stick to a simple, cost-effective plan that will enhance the look and feel of your kitchen without requiring a ton of money or backbreaking labor. You’d be surprised at what a few small changes can do when it comes to kitchen renovations.
- Hire a contractor: If your renovation plans include more than simply painting your cabinets, hire a professional for the job. You may think that hiring a contractor is a waste of money, but trust us when we say that a major kitchen renovation isn’t really an ideal DIY project. You’ll most likely end up saving money in the long run by hiring a contractor instead of trying to perform all of the renovations by yourself.
Don’t trust anyone else but WIN Home Inspection Fig Garden the next time you need a house inspection in Fresno, CA. In addition to a comprehensive inspection, we’re sure you won’t find a friendlier team anywhere else!
Categorised in: Uncategorized